Performed live on April 30, 2016, 'no//thing but noise' is now, after the fact, a collection of seven tracks by four artists: Ian Hatcher, C. Spencer Yeh, Blanko & Noiry, and Copán.
The project explores several variations of noise through two different mediums: the voice and musical performance. The project's curator, Maya Castro Gutiérrez, organized an underground performance (location disclosed through burner-phone voicemail), produced the record, and wrote a lengthy essay on noise and how each of these artists exists within it.
The project, which is not a typical 'split,' is now accessible in vinyl format. 100 copies were made. Copán, the group, is only in possession of so many. 20% of sales will go back to the curator. The vinyl also includes a booklet with photos and poems from the event.
The full (vinyl) tracklist:
1. ian hatcher // flock behaviors // 00:58
2. ian hatcher // fittings // 5:30
3. c. spencer yeh // solo voice // 9:09
4. blanko & noiry // IFO // 3:49
5. blanko & noiry // WHENYOURLOVERHASGONE // 3:41
6. copán // un suicidio serpentino en el prostíbulo oriental arranca // 3:10
7. copán // figura en la tierra (live mix) // 5:56
The album art was created by Daniel Lopera, an NYC-based visual artist.